View Single Post
Old September 11, 2012, 06:42 AM   #19
thecelt

thanks to all for the great replies, it has been a big help. I do realize that a
4" is really a minimum to optimize the powder burn in these hand cannons, but i really want the snubbie for now, and i plan to add more down the road. i also realize that even though companies like garrett or BB make extremely hot 44 loads they still arent a 454 casull (even if they are throwing heavy lead really fast), but a 330gr SuperHardCast Long Hammerhead at 1400fps is pretty hard to argue with. i am a big ruger fan and own several ruger rifles (among others) and i would like to get the alaskan due to its durability and ability to fire any load made. i like this particular 629 because it comes with high viz sights, its ported, and has the unfluted cylinder (and i like the laser etching as well). i dont currently hand load, but i already put the lee precision classic turret press on my list which is the next purchase i make after i pick up my revolver so within the next 8 months ill be reloading for many of the calibers i shoot.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 629bp4_jpg_thumbnail1.jpg (48.0 KB, 2585 views)
File Type: jpg rugersrh44.jpg (93.8 KB, 2587 views)

Page generated in 0.03186 seconds with 9 queries