View Single Post
Old July 5, 2012, 08:58 PM   #13
Lost Sheep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikld
Bottom line, entry level best scale is the Lee Safety Scale. The scale is as accurate as any of the three I have. If the scale isn't actually broken, it's accurate (nothing to bend or warp as the "plastic" used is very stable). I like to use it for setting my powder measure and loading with dippers. I'l set the weight I want and lock the poise. Also once the poise is locked, if it's bumped it wo't lose it's setting (my Lyman/Ohaus 1/10 poise will jump around if the pan is removed quickly, or if the beam is bumped when replacing the pan). The one "problem" is the vernier poise. Some can't/won't learn to read the vernier scale so it's harder to use. It's drawbacks? It's not green. It's different. and it does look "cheap" when side by side with a $$$$ scale.

When I got my Lee Scale (in a trade), I had been used to the RCBS 10-10 and was spoiled. I hated the Lee, even though I am familiar with verniers. Then I got hold of the instructions for the Lee. I hate it much less now.

Set it on a securely mounted shelf in strong light and at eye level so you can get your face close to it. It will perform admirably.

Lost Sheep.

Page generated in 0.06135 seconds with 8 queries