View Single Post
Old November 8, 2010, 05:27 PM   #20
CWKahrFan

I know some of you already know this, but for those who maybe haven't thought much about it......
I learned a whole lot on this subject by investing less than $60 in a good cO2-powered BB gun (w/.177BB's and cO2cartridges). The gun is the same dimensions as a full-sized auto. (In fact mine is exactly based on a S&W M&P). These are easy to order online. I set up a regular-sized target at home just like at the range but backed with multi-layers of shipping-box cardboard on thick plywood secured by wide clear packaging tape. (The BB's can be re-used too... A majority of them eventually fall to the bottom where they're captured by the tape barrier). Anyhow, I can draw and shoot from any position, spin around and shoot from waist-high... from a crouch... or whatever. It's been a revelation for me and has improved my natural point and shoot abilities immensely... No range fees, no "rules", no prying eyes. I highly recommend it. Of course weight and recoil factors are vastly different but still, the muscle memory & hand-eye coordination factors DO transfer to my regular shooting. So... I've learned that it's much easier to practice these techniques in the privacy of my own garage (or basement or attic or backyard or spare-room) than I thought beforehand!

Page generated in 0.03192 seconds with 8 queries