View Single Post
Old June 9, 2009, 03:30 PM   #19
Ian0351

How would I handle this situation unarmed? Except for a smallish folding knife I am usually unarmed; I got along just fine for years without my CWP and now I only carry if I am going somewhere I deem 'dangerous' (i.e. Tacoma or rural Tweakerville). I would have simply made it obvious that I'm not a chump. Flare the chest, swagger a little and step into a defensive posture in regards to the lady. I find that these d-bags usually want it easy, and If it don't look easy they'll wait it out. When I lived in CA I used to flash 'em the Eagle, Globe, and Anchor on my arm... but not many people here recognize it enough for deterrent value. Also, acting like you're reaching for a weapon can be effective at least in gauging a reaction... but it can get you into trouble too. A well placed "f off dude" at the beginning of the verbal interchange can also give you a better idea of the guys motivations.

Semper Fidelis

Page generated in 0.03516 seconds with 8 queries