View Single Post
Old September 12, 2013, 06:11 PM   #7
AK103K

Quote:
An important and sometimes overlooked purpose for the holster is protecting the gun from you. The salty wetness of the human body is corrosive to metal and guns sure soak it up. So it seems like full coverage would be better.
If this is the case, you dont want a holster that has the leather part against your body. Ive never understood the construction of the leather/kydex holsters you see sold. They always seemed to be built backwards to me. Kydex aganist the body makes much more sense, and a totally kydex holster is even better yet.

I've carried IWB, pretty much exclusively, my whole life. Up until kydex arrived on the scene as a holster material, I suffered through multiple leather holsters with their associated rust issues for my guns and the irritation issue on my body. Kydex relieved all that, and stopped a lot of wasted money on new leather holsters every year.

As for the closed muzzle, I dont think the open muzzles are an issue at all, and really more of a positive than a negative. They dont trap the junk/dirt/dust, etc, that always gets in your holster, allows air flow through them as well. Makes them a lot easier to clean out too.

Page generated in 0.02763 seconds with 8 queries