View Single Post
Old April 25, 2012, 12:38 PM   #14
jason41987

hmm.. found some blueprints for the mauser action... had an idea of using steel rod with a square groove cut in it to fit the broach... and have different pieces, with the groove cut to different depths to broach the receiver...

on the other end of the steel rod i could drill and tap it to fit lugs thatll ride in the raceway on one side to help align the broach as it cuts the raceways in the other side... and i guess this steel rod tool for holding the broach would be something to keep, as a tool to simplify broaching other receivers should i decide to make more for myself (i doubt i will though)... but seems for the front-locking actions broaching would be the way to go... and i shouldnt make my raceways TOO tight.. otherwise a little dirt or debris could cause the bolt to "stick" or be rough to operate...

as for these mauser blueprints, i need to recreate these in 3D, and shorten the receiver and the bolt for a "short action" in .308.. since ive decided on .308 winchester for this project there would be no point in building a full-length action as it would just be unused weight

Page generated in 0.02717 seconds with 8 queries