Old September 10, 2013, 01:20 AM   #32
JimmyR

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmstr
Why do you want a 1911?

Is it for range fun?
For self defense?
For investment purposes?

If you are primarily concerned with what you can sell it for in a few years, get the Norinco.

If you want a shooter and don't care about resale, the RIA seems to fit the bill, for less, with a warranty.

If you want it as a base for future customizations, then the forged/cast frame issues 'may' mean something to you.

But, first be clear about why you want a 1911.
With all due respect, reading the OP sometimes helps answer questions about the poster's intent, especially when I pretty explicitly answer your question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyR View Post
This would not be a carry gun immediately. I generally carry a SA/DA 9mm/9mm Mak, and the totally different action would need practice. This will initially be a range gun, potentially serving nighstand duty beside my Ruger Security Six, and maybe upping to a car/trunk gun. If I really get bit by this thing, and I feel comfortable with the switch, it may one day become a carry gun.

MY question is this: For the purposes stated above, which do you think would better serve my purposes. Would the RIA hold it's value more than the Norinco? Would scarcity apply an upward push on the Norinco's value anytime in the near future? I'm used to buying used guns, and have had really good luck with them. I know the price is a little high on the Norinco, so what price point would make the Norinco a smarter buy?

Page generated in 0.02415 seconds with 8 queries