View Single Post
Old September 28, 2011, 04:00 PM   #10
larryf1952

I was instantly interested in the Firestars when they were introduced in the early '90's. I bought 2 of them, in .40 and .45. They have been great little shooters. Nothing has ever broken on them, but because of the scarcity of parts, I don't shoot them much anymore. The .45 is exceptionally accurate for a gun with such a short barrel.

Because they are all steel, they are a little heavy for their size. But, I find this to be an advantage in that their weight helps to tame the recoil of the .40 and .45 rounds in a small package. The rear sight is held fast by a Torx screw that sometimes has a tendency to loosen up. This happened with my .40 early on, and the screw came out. I bought a couple of extras back then, just in case I lost it. The guns came with a Torx bit, so if your seller has the box, check to see if the bit is also included. I've also heard that the firing pins can be a bit fragile, and I've heard reports that they have broken when dry fired. I've never had a problem in that regard, but, I don't dry fire my guns.

All in all, the Firestars are some of the most enjoyable, fun guns that I've ever bought. I have a number of other guns I'd sell before I sold the Firestars. Here's a couple of pics of my guns...

The .40...

The .45...

Page generated in 0.02548 seconds with 8 queries