View Single Post
Old April 19, 2013, 04:40 PM   #17
scrubcedar

From the epic.org article in my post above.

"President Clinton Reduces Retention of Brady Checks to 90 days: In April of 2000, President Bill Clinton reduced the amount of time that Brady background check records could be retained by federal officials from 180 days to 90 days, increasing the privacy protection of gun purchasers. This policy was to go into effect in June 2001.
Department of Justice Reduces Retention of Brady Checks to 24 hours: In 2001, the Department of Justice reduced the amount of time federal officials are permitted to retain Brady background check records on gun purchasers from 90 days to just 24 hours.
ATF moved to the Department of Justice: Under the Homeland Security Act of 2002, the ATF is moved from an agency within the Department of the Treasury to and agency within the Department of Justice."

I can pretty much guarantee the article above is out of date. I can't imagine the Obama administration following the same rules as the Bush administration on this particular subject.

Page generated in 0.02839 seconds with 8 queries