View Single Post
Old May 15, 2009, 07:22 PM   #22
Missoura Don

Pietta horror

I bought my first C&B revolver from Cabelas about 4 years ago, and being VERY green to to these types of revolvers, I bought one that was on sale, new in box.....a brass frame 1851 in .44, with a round barrel, Pieatta of course, and instead of buying the starter kit, I just bought some Remington #10 caps, a box of 100 .451 round balls, some Cabelas lubed wonder wads, a tube of bore butter, and a can of FFg pyrodex.

Now, I had done a small bit of research, you know, how to load, how to shoot, how to clean, etc., so I took it camping and loaded it, by the book, aimed at target...and Boom!!...Went to cock hammer for second shot, and it was completely froze up. I couldnt budge hammer or cylinder in any way. Needless to say...I was bummed. So, being as how I couldnt turn the cylinder.....I took it back to Cabelas.....caps on nipples and all.....I know..very stupid..but what could I do? Anyways, they were very professional about it, (not to mention very cautous about it), and told me to pick another one out, or take receipt to customer service for a refund...and I respected that.

I'm not bashing Cabela's in any way, for they were courtious enough about the situation, but it did hamper my enthuisiam for B&C revolvers. Anyway, I did trade it in for another (gasp) brass frame "51 Navy .44...and after repeating the same procedure as before...this one worked perfectlly. As far as mass emailing Pietta, Ive sent them 4 emails about their revolvers...and not one response was ever recieved. Anyways..I'll get off my soapbox about Pieatta now...I reckon its like buyin a car..Some are downright badass's..and some are just junk....but still...I'm not returning this revolver, I plan on trying my best to smooth out the rough edges and make her into a decent investment!

Page generated in 0.02512 seconds with 8 queries