View Single Post
Old March 12, 2006, 10:05 AM   #5
couldbeanyone

I am an idiot, yes, I know. Yes, I know jacketed hollowpoints are more likely to fragment. This happened at a friends private range(envy his setup). I do not consider 38 special +P to be a powerhouse round. There are three pages of posts on this forum telling of people being hit with ricochets, over half of which doubtless hit with more force, felt like being hit with a small rock. There is absolutely no doubt that had this hit me in a fleshy part, covered by fabric, that it would have done good to leave a decent bruise. Unfortunately it hit in thin non-elastic skin at a point where the bone was sloping steeply back to my eye socket. So, call me an idiot, an amateur, a retard, a waterhead or whatever you like. Please read this in the spirit it was given. I only ask that you consider being sure that your shooting glasses come high enough to cover the tops of your eyebrows, things can happen that you might never think possible. I only ask that you try to learn something from my stupidity and as a result be safer from harm. Also please note, that I did not ask anyone to stop shooting steel plates. Thank you and be safe.

Page generated in 0.03420 seconds with 8 queries