View Single Post
Old March 1, 2005, 07:23 PM   #9
F350Lawman

I must differ; if this man was aquitted by a jury so be it. And I might add that I think it is a gross injustice that someone be tried for what is in essence the same offense twice.

He was aquitted of the criminal charge of Crim Neg Homicide, that doesn't mean he wasn't careless and unsafe according to other standards. I see no reason why his license can't be pulled. You could kill someone with your car because you were driving like an idiot, be aquitted of criminal charges but still lose your drivers license because you didn't live up to your responsibility as a driver. Just because you beat criminal charges doesn't mean there isn't some other governing body concerned with other aspects of your conduct. No difference here, whoever issues the hunting license feels he has failed to live up to his responsibility as a safe hunter.

Now if you want to talk about the B.S. where you beat the criminal charges and then the FEDS come up and slap you with a civil rights violation, I would agree that's "legal" double jeapordy that goes on all the time. They just trade one criminal charge for another, instead of assault it's a civil rights violation. you end up in jail anyway. Here we're talking about a far different scenario, the conduct wasn't criminal but it wasn't in accordance with the standards a licensing agency feels are required to hunt. He's not being charged of a crime just having a privelege revoked.

Quite frankly he should be too embarrassed and shamed to ever hold a weapon again while hunting.

Page generated in 0.02438 seconds with 8 queries