View Single Post
Old January 17, 2018, 06:43 AM   #8
Road_Clam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sequins
Thanks for the data. I've long considered picking up one of these magnificent firearms and it's interesting to hear the nitty-gritty of loading for a Desert Eagle.

Besides cycling how is the accuracy at 1200fps?
My main focus last spring when testing my DE44 was the cycling issues. At the end when I finally was observing reliable functioning I was seeing 2" groups at 50 ft, however this was shooting off a tripod rest , and me being a terrible handgun shooter, lol. (I'm more of a precision midrange rifle guy). I'm pretty confident in stating that with the 6" fixed barrel configuration of the DE's, a seasoned handgun marksman should see tighter groups than what I was able to produce. There's not a lot of wiggle room with varied loads with the DE44, but like any passionate handloaded i'm still going to try and play with bullet weights and some varied loads. I'm not sure how the DE44 will respond to a lighter or heavier bullet. There's not a lot of experienced data out there on the net so I would be on my own with this type of bullet testing.

Page generated in 0.03318 seconds with 8 queries