Thread: AR 15 sights
View Single Post
Old February 26, 2013, 01:06 PM   #21
sholling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skans
I've been looking at some of the cheaper "no-name" flip up sights in the $60/pair range. They seem to be decent quality, but I haven't read any reviews on them.
I've tried the ~$80/set plastic Magpul sights and in my opinion they're okay for short-range backup "iron" sights for the average homeowner. I just wouldn't want to rely on them for longer shots or if I were kicking doors for a living but they are nice and light and far-far-far better than not having any backup sights and they sit nice and low while folded. I've also tried some inexpensive aluminum flip up sights (I forget who's) and my only complaint was that even when folded they still sat a bit too high to clear the ocular bell of a scope and I wound up having to replace them. Be sure to double check the folded height if you plan to mount a scope.

Troy folding sights sit very low when folded yet demonstrate rock solid construction and a well thought out design.

Page generated in 0.01851 seconds with 8 queries