View Single Post
Old December 29, 2016, 06:02 PM   #35
Sevens

It is extremely difficult to strip away emotion from a subject that we all have ourselves so passionately invested in. It's not reality to tell Colt lovers and Colt haters to forget what they think or know about Colt from the storied (and sordid) history and from their own hands-on experiences. You may certainly argue that this new revolver should be judged on it's own merits and it is a fine argument but it is -NOT- realistic, much like the sales of this new revolver would simply NOT be the same if it didn't have the pony on the side.

Fact is...
All of our favorites have pure crap in their histories. S&W has a lot of recent crap in recent history. Winchester is a storied name in guns and today basically ceases to exist. Ruger seems to have not made mistakes on the same (LARGE) scale but they have absolutely crapped the bed, especially in & around the Clinton era with the excessive running of Bill's large mouth. Remington is everyone's biggest running joke and they deserve it (IMO), but my point?! The list of gun companies falling from grace is long and distinguished but it kinda seems like NOBODY has done it better than Colt. Seriously.

Me? Well I am glad you asked. I love seeing gunmakers debut new guns. I have almost zero interest in actually buying or owning anyone's new guns, I prefer the ones in my comfort zone that I love. So sure, I am happy to see this news from Colt. Aside from this new revolver... oh hell yes I am a card-carrying Colt "skeptic" if not a full-on Colt "hater." This is because nobody has the pedigree of crapping the bed on an epic scale (repeatedly) in the way that Colt does.

Oh yeah, I love the pony also. You're dead inside if that logo doesn't stir emotion. I think it looks amazing and when I'm feeling creative, I see it MOVE. I see the horse begin to choke on that stick, break a tooth, spit it out and then break it's own leg while trying to pick it up. But the story has a happy ending when the owner attempts to shoot it and put the beast out of it's misery, the out-of-time revolver fails to fire and the pony is spared and the owner has no worries because he ends up selling the gorgeous and non-functional revolver for $3750.

Page generated in 0.02436 seconds with 8 queries