View Single Post
Old November 5, 2014, 12:33 PM   #17
saleen322

10mm Javelina

I have had a 10mm for around 20 years, a IAI Javelina. Back in the day they were sold at almost give away prices so I got one and it shot very well right out of the box. Hammer bite was awful so I hacked in a commander hammer and beaver-tail safety. The pistol is so easy on brass most everything I have from back then still hasn't split or did the "smiley" thing at the case head. Now in fairness I have a lot of guns so I don't shoot it all of the time so I am sure that had an impact. I also didn't think I was loading all that hot as the primers looked good and the recoil was no issue. My two favorite bullets were the old Hornady 180 XTP and a RCBS cast gas check bullet that weighs out around 207 grains. Shooting some across my chronograph surprised me with the 180s around 1252 and the 207s about 100 fps less.

I do lurk over at the 10mm site some. The_Shadow and his fellow posters have a LOT of good information, better than any other site I have been to yet. I also blame them for my latest wish item, I just ordered a supposedly unfired Ruger 10mm/38-40. I almost hope it is not unfired as I am getting it to shoot and my guess is it would handle some heavy-nuke loads if I was so inclined.

Page generated in 0.03613 seconds with 8 queries