View Single Post
Old February 11, 2014, 07:17 AM   #22
Spats McGee
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzard Bait
This may result in me getting a spanking but,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, What's the difference between a CCL and a drivers license? I can drive coast to coast with my drivers license I only need to change it if I change my state of residence. Doesn't the constitution require the states to recognize the laws of other states? I can see if I move I need a new license for that state but passing threw? Seems like they should have to honor my home state license whether it's a drivers license or a CCL, I know it's not but sure seems like it should be.
Also does this line just not count in all this?
"The Citizens of each State shall be entitled to all Privileges and Immunities of Citizens in the several States"
Well several states offer CCL? What about the rest of them?
No, the Constitution does not require recognition of other states' DLs. That's done through the Driver License Compact, voluntarily adopted by states. If you'll: (a) check this out; and (b) run a search on this forum for "privileges and immunities," you'll find lots of information.

Page generated in 0.03947 seconds with 8 queries