View Single Post
Old December 6, 2013, 06:17 PM   #25
darkgael

Sight

Quote:
If one insists on seeing the target clearly (and what's beyond), instead of your front sight, at all but contact/point shoot distance you will see your miss clearly too.
Yep. It is an inescapable truth.
I was interested enough in the "put a lens for distance in one side of an eyeglass frame and a lens that gives a clear focus on the front sight in the other" idea.
Found two identical frames with appropriate lenses and tried it out.
Nope.
The shooting eye lens worked fine. But there was no merging of the target and the sight. Why? Because I am looking out of one eye at the front sight and the target, out of focus, is in the same field of vision beyond the sight. If I wanted the target in focus, I had to concentrate on the target with my left eye.....and that meant that I was not concentrating on the front sight.
Perhaps this works for some shooters.....but I don't see how it could.
Dilation of the iris is sympathetic, that is one reason why it is impossible the two eyes to focus independently on two different objects at different distances at the same time.....regardless of correction.
Pete

Page generated in 0.02366 seconds with 8 queries