View Single Post
Old December 3, 2013, 03:13 PM   #11
WW2

What about defensive shooting?

While I love target shooting, my main purpose for owning firearms is for self defense. My vision is 20/400 uncorrected. I have 1.25 strength bifocals for reading. Shooting with bifocals is a problem since I have had neck injuries and cannot tilt my head back sufficiently to bring the front sight in to focus. Shooting with specially made glasses will help with target shooting but does not help for defensive shooting.

So, I changed my sights to an aperture rear sight with the blade front sight. The firearm is an Hi Point C9 and the sights came with the gun along with standard blade and notch sights.

I shoot at an indoor range with dim lighting. The black sights on the black gun are difficult to pick up and align with my vision. So, are there any high visibility options I can put on this gun to help?

Sometimes I practice without any glasses just in case I have to use my gun in a defensive situation where I am without my glasses.

So, what say you, any suggestions with these limitations?

Luke 22:36
Quote:
Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

Page generated in 0.03204 seconds with 8 queries