View Single Post
Old December 1, 2013, 02:34 PM   #2
Mike38

You want the front sight to be focused and crystal clear. Since the human eye can not focus on two planes at the same time, every thing else will be fuzzy. When focusing on the front sight, the rear sight may be a tiny bit fuzzy, and the target even more fuzzy. If the target is way too fuzzy to even recognize, you have the same problem as I do. Comes with age. I learned to shoot with both eyes open., and use an optical aperture such as those made by Merit, and a piece of matte (semi clear) scotch tape over the non shooting eye. Keep both eyes open. The Merit aperture will give you clear focus on the front sight, yet still be able to tell there’s a target out there.

You can also talk to your eye doctor about it, have special glasses made. I know people that have done this. The lens for your shooting eye may not be bi or tri focal. He may make it a single focus lens. If your eye doctor is willing to stay after hours so to not freak out his patients, ask him if you can bring in a pistol to aid with the eye exam. I’ve heard of that happening, and those shooters say they can shoot like they were when they were young.

Page generated in 0.02686 seconds with 8 queries