View Single Post
Old January 26, 2013, 11:17 AM   #8
Bongo Boy

Congratulations! I've heard no negative comments on the Shield at all, and have a couple of M&Ps which I feel are excellent guns in terms of ergonomics, function and aesthetics.

As far as a slide release, both tabs on my M&P slide release were broken off for at least a year and in that time not once did I ever miss having a slide release. I don't believe I ever use the slide release on any of my handguns with the only exception being the Kahr K40. So, not having one at all would, to me, be a plus because then there'd be no chance at all of ever suddenly and for no reason changing an ingrained habit. I hate it when that happens--it always seems to be some bizarre mental screw up, a pause to reflect maybe.

The Nano, to me, is aesthetically a marvel--it's really quite a nicely made gun. However, it felt to me as though the bore axis was way up there even higher than it is. It's just a tall-in-the-saddle feeling gun, and it also felt as though it would be a real pain to shoot. Had a club member go on and on about how comfortable and accurate he could shoot with his, though.

Anyway, down the road let us know what you think of the Shield--I think you're going to enjoy it if it is anything like my two M&Ps. They are both a pleasure in all respects.

Page generated in 0.03002 seconds with 8 queries