View Single Post
Old April 17, 2012, 01:03 PM   #27
factoryrat

I run a L-N-L AP. I load .45's, 9mm. After doing my research it seemed to be the best fit for me. My list of desires were about the same as yours. The only difference was the take-down issue, which I think you will come to realize you do not want to do that.

What I did was mount my reloader set up on a 2'x3' metal rolling cart. I added a plywood top and a 2'x1' set of 2 shelves to the back part of the top. I am able to fit all my supplies neatly with this set-up (@4k finished rounds of each caliper, enough components for that same amount again) and just roll it out when I am reloading and roll it into a unused area when I am not using it.

I tolerate reloading in order to shoot as much as I like. I know some of us enjoy it as another hobby, just not me. Part of that may be my undiagnosed OCD and ADD. I do stay very vigilant when reloading, but it is mind numbingly simple once you are set up and rolling. With that said changing calibers is not bad at all once I had my dies dialed in. Basically all it is is changing the shell plate, readjusting the powder drop and changing the powder die out since I use the PTX for .45 and not for 9mm, pulling one set of dies out and inserting the set needed for the caliber being loaded, the only other thing involved is resetting the RCBS lock-out powder check, and sometimes changing the primer set-up from large to small. All said it only takes me a few minutes and I do not find it difficult at all.

Even though it is easy to make the change I always run as many rounds thru while I am set up, just because it is so fast just pumping out rounds once you are rolling. As I said earlier I don't really enjoy reloading, so if I keep going I tend to load more than if I stop and walk away. It is hard for me to talk my self into sitting back down to that monotony.

Hope that helps. Like the others said you will probably be happy with whichever press you chose.

Page generated in 0.02727 seconds with 8 queries