View Single Post
Old November 10, 2010, 12:33 AM   #29
therealdeal

I spoke with a guy today but had to jet quick. my wife had the dentist and I had the two babies(I know comical). one got fussy, but the info I got is strictly from one persons opinion:

he said the .380 isn't that much worse to shoot. he said the difference in caliber is a big difference. I dont doubt the opinions here. I have always just leaned towards the stronger caliber. I haven't had issues yet. people were saying that about the .44 henry bigboy and its smooth as can be. I had to leave anyways, but he had a used .32 seecamp. I am not going to go used. it might be my loss, but I don't want to take the chance there was a reason why this guy got rid of his firearm. he did have a ruger lcr(I think thats right). weighed less obviously cuz not stainless. I want the stainless I have decided.

ok my luck has been bad(I just had a thread where I tried to buy a .454 2.5" barrel with no luck due to availability). I walked in there today to buy a weapon and same thing. I need to pay 1100+ for the .380 after FFL, shipping, 1099dollars, etc and its all online). is the seecamp the best? I will buy the seecamp if it is without a seconds hesitation(its going in the Christmas stocking)

//also guyz: if I buy this weapon under my name, can my wife CCW it when she gets her permit even though technically its mine? please let me know if you have the answer to this.

I know opinions vary, but these guys(seecamp) have had this mousegun since early 80's and it seems reliable. if its the best I want it and will purchase online with said details above.

2nd option. its very new firearm dealer said: stainless steel, slightly bigger than seecamp, desert eagle mousegun made by the desert eagle people: brand new $449 since its 80dollars off for the new special and its a .380. this firearm looked nice and felt nice and still CCWs very easily. I just am so used to revolvers I dont want to get the wrong semi mousegun. its a tough choice. I wouldve probably had gone with the desert eagle but I had to leave(Jr was getting too restless)! thats why I dont know the name of exact firearm. when I google it it pops up but then says kahr(same pix as above). that looks nice too.

lastly, he wanted to sell me the amer eagle ammo and then seperate hollowpoints for the .380 desert eagle mouse. I didnt like when he eluded to the hollows not feeding correctly. he was saying 50rds of the cheap ammo will set it off running. is this info true?? the way I feel is I am getting the .380 if its same size and higher caliber. I'll spend the money. also, if my wife has to shoot it I want to make sure its more powerful rounds. trust me if she ever had to use this bellygun it would be very close distance so she can handle a little pain to save her skin. honestly, we have the money but we dont have the money if you know what I mean. I really wish it wasnt so complicated. I wanted to just walkin, buy a seecamp, pay 500bucks, and come back in two days to pick up when it arrived. should I trust the desert eagle .380? reliability and nonfunctional problems is a huge issue before I make a purchase(thats why I dont do used weapons)

"Abraham Lincoln freed all men, but Sam Colt made them all equal." (post Civil War slogan)

Last edited by therealdeal; November 10, 2010 at 12:39 AM.

Page generated in 0.02978 seconds with 8 queries