View Single Post
Old September 9, 2009, 06:01 PM   #1
wbw

Can't decide between 1911 or Witness Elite Match

I keep going back and forth between an EAA Witness Elite Match and a full size 1911 for my next purchase. Either one would be in 9mm. It would not be used for defense, just target and Steel Challenge. I just started in SC so possibly other organized shooting sports later on.

On the 1911 side I'm favoring a Springfield Loaded which would run about $900 plus 6% tax. Their Customer Service and support seems to be first rate.

On the Witness side it would cost me about $610 out the door. I've read very favorable posts about the Elite Match on various forums. It is built in their custom shop. EAA's Customer Service appears to be a problem area. But I've read several reviews of this pistol that say the Single action trigger rivals that of some 1911s. A nice trigger is what I'm after. And if I can get it without having to pay for an after market trigger job, so much the better.

Which one would you take? I'm guessing a lack of popularity and ownership of the Witness will tip the scales in favor of 1911 responses. But I would still like your responses.

Thanks for any input. I literally pick one, and then two days later I'm back on to the other one. (Don't tell me to get both. It just can't happen right now.)

Last edited by wbw; September 9, 2009 at 06:08 PM.

Page generated in 0.03036 seconds with 8 queries