View Single Post
Old January 31, 2009, 10:44 AM   #10
sholling

A Ruger 22/45 or a Browning Buck Mark would be great choices. They are accurate and reliable and have a similar grip angle and controls with the majority of centerfire pistols. Great choices. I'd look for something with a bit of weight to the barrel like the short barrel version of the 22/45 hunter. And I'd probably go with the adjustable sights but they really aren't that important.

Adjustable vs fixed sights: I've never had to adjust a pistol's sights for windage (side to side) from where the factory set them - but... A 22 is somewhat ammo sensitive in that muzzle velocity of different ammo products is all over the place. That means that at 25yds the point of impact might be low or high depending on how fast the bullet is traveling. Adjustable sights might be a handy thing.

Last edited by sholling; January 31, 2009 at 10:51 AM.

Page generated in 0.02270 seconds with 8 queries