View Single Post
Old February 12, 2007, 04:46 PM   #28
Samurai

Getting me talking about the "common masses" will inevitably make me sound elitist, hateful, and entirely un-American. But, the fact is, it's only a fraction of the people in this world who are born to think for themselves.

The free-thinkers exist, basically, to shepherd the masses through this world. (It's a hard job, and we will occasionally get hurt doing it!) The masses exist to serve the free-thinkers, rewarding their hard work with a well-lived life of privilege. (In essence, the majority of people in this world need to be ruled.)

It's awfully difficult talking to someone who insists on being be ruled by others, especially if you think they ought to be a free-thinker. But, remember, (and I've had to learn this slowly through the years), it's perfectly OK to want to live a simple and sheltered life. It doesn't mean they are bad people. They just need people like us to take care of them... And, like any group of "protected" people (I'm REALLY trying not to say "sheep" or "cattle" here), there will be losses. We can't save them all. And, periodically, the simpletons will get killed by the predators in the world.

Huh... I'm starting to ramble. I'd better stop...

- Why is it that we fire 1,000 rounds and know that we need more practice, but yet we punch a bag 10 times and think we know how to fight?

- When in doubt, train, train, train...

Page generated in 0.03374 seconds with 8 queries