View Single Post
Old November 28, 2006, 06:02 PM   #54
Jager1

Tayta_Mayne,

I understand. My perception of your intent was incorrect and I apologize. Further, you were successful in your attempt in thwarting the would-be thief. I need to learn to stifle myself better when it comes to my idiotic urge to argue with something THAT WORKED, no matter how much it unnerves me.

Just don't get yourself hurt or killed out there. We need you here!

I have confronted criminals stupidly more than a few times in the past.

Like the would be carjacker/mugger in Baltimore that approached my car window at a stoplight at a deserted intersection in the early morning hours. I sat there holding a .38 Special on him from inside the car and insisted upon arguing with him about him getting away from my car rather than simply driving through the red light! After some 10-15 seconds, I finally gassed it and left him there. My 'training' to not run a red light was stronger than my common sense.

Or the burglar than came crawling through my bedroom window after midnight. In my stupor, I grabbed a shotgun (that I had not a single round for in the entire house rather than the 38 Special I had loaded under the bed) to confront him with.

There are more. And no-one will ever be more critical of my defective thinking in those incidents than myself.

I thank God for the opportunities to change.

And a healthy prayer goes out to your friend.

Cloudcroft:
Quote:
We do whatever we want to do. The guy on the scene of the incident is the one who makes the call, not anyone else.
Thank you for concisely saying what I was unable to.

Page generated in 0.02660 seconds with 8 queries