View Single Post
Old June 16, 2019, 02:09 PM   #47
Aguila Blanca
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by joed
How many calibers do you want to reload? I started loading for a rifle when I lived in an apartment. I purchased a Lee Loader for a .25-06 and a scale. For one cartridge it worked well and took up no space.
I think a lot of people have started out with the Lee Loader. When I was first working at mustering the courage to try making my own ammo, I seriously considered the Lee Loader, along with the Lee hand Press and their entry level 'C' press.

I decided against the Lee Loader for a couple of reasons. First, I didn't like the notion of loading with a hammer. Second, there was no path to other calibers -- I was looking at .45 ACP, and to jump from that to 9mm would mean another Lee Loader kit.

Overall, unless you need high volume I think the Lee hand press is an ideal tool for reloading in an apartment. It does the job, it uses conventional dies so you can change calibers just as easily as with any bench-mounted press, and (as others have already commented) the whole thing can be packed away in a tool box where it's safe from the prying eyes of the landlord or maintenance personnel.

Page generated in 0.03622 seconds with 8 queries