View Single Post
Old December 22, 2016, 11:15 PM   #21
armoredman

Rock 185, thank you for your service, sir. I would have to say that I would not want to search an unfamiliar tightly enclosed area with my BREN carbine as my only firearm, but I wouldn't feel too badly about it, provided I could keep the barrel from being grabbed.
Now from a defensive standpoint, a long gun/semi-long gun works well for me, in an area I know well, and the intruder does not. This is the current CZoice;

With a 30 round mag I think it is optimal for what I want, flashlight easy to use for me, red dot and cheek rest to stabilize. I find most 9mm loads pick up about 100-150 FPS in the 7.5 inch barrel, and the 124 gr XTP loads seem to work just fine. I know that when I roll out of bed I would not have time to grab my pants with spare mag pouches, etc, so I "gotta run with what i brung" and 30 rounds is a lot of "brung". Also, home invasions do tend to be more than one person, so I don't consider it excessive to have that much ammo on tap. This MIGHT be the one time I could be tempted to get the "+20" Scorpion baseplate from CZ Custom...yes, +20, not +2.
Would the BREN 805 pistol work? Sure, with the same basic setup and TAP or other top quality ammo, I'd be perfectly confident with it. Short, handy, and yes, it might not be a bad idea at all for ANYONE shooting indoors to have some sort of electronic earmuffs ready to go, as any gunshot inside with no hearing protection is going to cause permanent damage.If I have THAT much time I'm slipping on the armor, too.

Well, I have the plate carrier and plates, might as well have it laying around set up like I could possibly actually use it for something!

Last edited by armoredman; December 23, 2016 at 01:53 PM.

Page generated in 0.03864 seconds with 8 queries