Thread: Lee bench plate
View Single Post
Old May 11, 2012, 07:37 AM   #13
snuffy

Lets get technical here. My original kit came with the steel base plate, and 3 "wood" triangular plates. The "wood" was plywood in my case.

One was drilled with all the holes that would fit any lee press, the other two were blank for mounting other bench accessories.

The problem with this system is; the clamping power of those "Z" brackets is limited. The Phillips head screws just don't generate much clamping force. If the wood happens to be a bit too thin, or the "Z" brackets aren't quite the right shape, you just barely have ahold of the wood plate. Then you crank on the press doing normal press duties, out it comes!

My second complaint to lee was via email. I got an answer that they had re-designed the system to include instructions to drill another hole in the wood. AND they had a separate steel plate that replaces the wood plate, AND it hooks BEHIND the Z bracket to prevent the plate from coming out.

Not the first time a company has had to back-track or redesign a piece of equipment. You Horandy LNL guys, remember the E_Z ejector hassle?

They're going to get their butts kicked over there this election. How come people can't spell and use words correctly?

Page generated in 0.02169 seconds with 8 queries