View Single Post
Old February 12, 2012, 01:41 PM   #4
32 Magnum
Member In Memoriam

Cha,
Let's take them one at a time.
750xxx serial number range, CA began distributing Stainless Steel Under Covers in May of 1981 - gun in that series was made sometime mid 1982??? There was NO engineering change that I have reference to that would allow that gun to fire with the cylinder swung out. In fact of the ones I own (26) and the couple dozen I've personally inspected as well the the approx. 1400 serial numbered guns I have logged in my data base - NONE will do that. There's something broken in that piece - once the cyliner pin is removed from the spring buffered "scew" in the catch hole of the breech - the action should be locked. Call the current Charter 2000 folks, explain your problem and they will tell you how to return your gun and - in most cases I've heard about - they will repair it at no cost to you.
800xxx serial number range - issued early to mid 1983. With the 1 7/8" short barrel on these blued guns, one of the "cons" is the partial extraction - the pin is just not long enough with the short barrel to push the empties completely out. A couple pushes may do it, with some shaking or a gentle rap on the end of the rod may do it. DO NOT apply too hard a hit on the end of the ejector rod - you may bend it. Measure the barrel on the stainless piece - it may be 2" or a 1/8th over that - that provides a bit more ease in extraction due to a slightly longer rod.

IMG_2595_2.jpg

IMG_2995.jpg

Page generated in 0.02332 seconds with 9 queries