View Single Post
Old March 26, 2010, 08:13 AM   #11
Sevens

Ahhh, would I still be a classic believer if I did it when I was younger, but then thought better of it as the years have gone by? Would I rather be a learned believer?

First of all, if I were a classic believer in this thread, I would have to take the opposite approach since the suggestion in the OP is that it does absolutely no harm whatsoever.

His assumptions (and your assumptions) are nothing more than bits of anecdotal evidence. My brother drives everywhere, and has driven most all of his 48 years without a seat belt. He's never been hurt or killed in a seat belt related incident. Furthermore, he was actually ejected from a car in a rollover where a seat belt would have killed him when the roof caved in.

Thus, my brother, the classic believer has shown us that seat belt use in automobiles is not only useless, but quite harmful. All of his evidence is clear and he's living, walking proof of it.

Quote:
Double Naught Spy
Here, ladies and gentlemen, is the classic obnoxious poster, happy to come off like a know-it-all schmuck rather than to simply state his opinion... at whatever cost, the first being often being politeness.

Page generated in 0.03446 seconds with 8 queries