View Single Post
Old January 29, 2009, 04:37 PM   #19
Bailey4765

Quote:
Just curious as to the reasoning for carrying condition 3?
I just do not like a Cond 1 SA auto in my pants and am somewhat lazy about going from 1 to 3, 3 to 1 when going from my car to concealed and back again.

+1 on one handed manipulation of weapons. I practice this.

One handed manipulation.
One handed racking is easy. I know you know what this is, at least they used to teach it in the Navy. If you have a Novak rear sight on your .45, one handed racking is not so easy. There has been quite a bit of discussion on this and that is why I would never use stock Novaks on a pistol, even on a DA auto, which I have no problem sticking in my pants cond 1. Any auto may jam and if I only have one arm, I am going to do everything possible to get my weapon back into the fight.

Presentation, 3 vs 1
Here's what I do
As the pistol is presented to the target, instead of the non firing hand going to it's normal position with a two handed hold, the slide is grasped and the non firing hand stops as the pistol continues its forward movement, effectively slingshotting the slide and the trigger is instantaneously pulled. It is very fast but takes practice to be nearly as fast as cond 1.

Quote:
a 1911 is designed to be safely carried in condition 1 without fear of AD.
I agree with this, but I really do not like a cond 1 SA auto stuck in my pants.

To each his own and I respect your reasoning for carrying cond 1.

Page generated in 0.02579 seconds with 8 queries