View Single Post
Old February 3, 2008, 08:00 PM   #16
45Dave

Because they are often worth it

Quite frankly...because often they are well worth it. My main hunting gun has been an 870 wingmaster vintage 1950, smooth as silk which was my dad and will be passed to my son. I have taken ducks, geese, deer, rabbit, grouse, pheasant and a few other things not worth mentioning. However..I also shoot skeet, trap and sporting clays. My nice shinny browning GTI (dressed up citori) gained me 5 birds at sporting clays. It is a delight to shoot, swings like a dream, great follow ups on hard crossing or hare/bird combinations and has taken game in the field which includes doves, pheasant, geese and rabbits. Keep in mind T.A when I head out shooting clays I will put 200 to 300 rounds through it in a day and you really feel that in a 870 vs the browning. (by the way..when I was on top of my game my average was a 43 out of 50 in clays)
So....you have ask a good question, I would you suggest you head out to a skeet range, talk to the guys and try a few over/unders, side by sides and find out for yourself, oh...try a few top end semi's also...you may be surprised.

Page generated in 0.03418 seconds with 8 queries