View Single Post
Old September 23, 2013, 07:57 PM   #63
thesecond

I'd look at what a flashlight 'says', and what it doesn't 'do' ....

.... before focusing on what it does do .... and then having to realize there were many other things you should have done, and plenty of things you now should and must do.

Used in conjunction with your eyes, a light can help 'tell' you things. It also can 'tell' potential assailants a few things. And, likewise, it can 'tell' others in the nearby vicinity a few things. But it will never, on its own, 'speak' with such authority as to end an attack already decided upon and initiated.

And so one will ask, what were you doing before, and what will you be doing after, flashing a light?

I'd focus on gathering intel on everything you plan to see, and make planned and deliberate choices about transportation to and fro .... so you aren't found where you hadn't planned to be, and you know where the bad would have you go.

Must be one heckuva lady. I hope she knows how much you've been thinking about this trip, and why, and that she has or will develop an appreciation, rather than a resentment, for it.

Get your maps, a 300+ lumen light with a tailcap, keep the cell phones charged, enjoy yourself, and stay safe!

Page generated in 0.03418 seconds with 8 queries