View Single Post
Old October 17, 2012, 01:45 PM   #7
the led farmer

Quote:
I'm only measuring after they are trimmed. there is no point in measuring prior. If I put a short case in there, and it's short, that's okay. Federal brass does that a lot. My only real problem is that it will trim brass down ridiculously short, or leave it really long (1.775ish) It's because it indexes off of the shoulder of the brass, and the shoulder varies slightly from makers of brass casings.
if you measure it short going it, it's going to be that short coming out, it's not trimming it "ridiculously short" because if it's short it won't hit the bit, you seem to be contradicting yourself, not understanding or your set screws are loose and it's moving all over.

Quote:
Tool is literally useless unless you are trimming all of the same headstamp of brass. Which is why i'm frustrated. It's touted to be able to trim brass quickly and go through hundreds of cases in an hour.
i have used it for thousands of .223 rounds and have very little to no issue. occasionally brass shaving can build up and cause it to vary the length. to combat this i stop the drill every five or so and dump out the shavings. it is helpful use some sort of organized system like in the video so if you do get bound up then you can back track a few and catch up.

is it properly adjusted to begin with? are the lock screws tight? go slow and strive for consistency, measure trim measure,measure trim measure. when is it getting out of whack and what is the variable? once you nail down the problem, then you can speed things up.

i have done so many i can tell instantly if it is short or not. if it's short it goes into the "other box" then i sort those etc, etc

oh and are you full length resizing or neck sizing only?

Page generated in 0.03630 seconds with 8 queries