View Single Post
Old December 30, 2009, 10:12 AM   #18
JoInquisitive

It is likely a Dolne Bar CERTAINLY not AN "appache'

At SDC's suggestion (thanks again) I went www.littlegun.be who specialize in Belgian Liege weapons but have an amazing amount of research material with photos on most manufacturing countries. As a matter of fact more than I could run through so I enlisted Alain's help - super quick - all he needs are very high quality photos and he's off - three days later I had my answer - to get the results of his search you need to join for the princely sum of only 5 Euros for six months - you do not need to join to brouse their data files only to retrieve your contracted search results. Though close there are physical differences and I am going to pursue - of particular note where the other examples shown are said to be 7mm (whereas mine is 6mm) and they are stamped "Dolne Bar - Brevete" mine is not but in it's stead has an interlocking in French script "FF" - also each component of my gun is maked. Alain dated it 1853-1877, based on the "crowned 'V'" and it was apparently only patented in England in 1875, patent # 534 - so, "appache" no more - I will let you know where the journey leads. Oh, by the way use PayPal - the european - pay equiv is not worthy of a try. Greg

Page generated in 0.02523 seconds with 8 queries