View Single Post
Old December 2, 2009, 06:46 PM   #71
MarineCorpsAT

Quote:
I can say with confidence that the badge will reduce even further your chances of getting shot at when combined with compliance. Officers use if for a reason and thats the bottom line. Humans make mistakes and I want to make sure their mistake doesn't cost me my life

How canyou prove this to be true?

A CCW badge does NOT identify you as a good guy it identifies you as a person with some kind of badge. Upon further investigation it will identify you as a person with very poor judgement.

The officer is not going to see some badge he is going to see the gun in your hand that can possibly kill him. Until that gun is taken care of he is not interested in any other issue. You say that your goal with the badge is notto get shot, an officers goal when seeing a gun is the exact same thing so he is not looking at the dude with the badge he is looking at the dude with the gun holding a shiny object.

The manufacturer of these badges has sold you a bill of goods that you have baught into hook line and sinker. So tell me what happens when you are waving your badge around and you do get shot? You going after this company?

These badges only seem to appeal to a segment of the population that feels the need to advertise that they are carrying a gun, trying to be tacticool, law enforcement wannabes, or mall ninjas.

I personally feel that those that have these badges and rely on them as part of their CCW identification even after hearing LEO's post on this forum that it is a bad idea have poor judgement and I would question if they have the judgement to be carrying a firearm.

Page generated in 0.02388 seconds with 8 queries