Thread: Gun IQ
View Single Post
Old April 26, 2009, 11:23 AM   #4
overkill556x45

Most responsible retailers will either not sell or offer to train newbies. My local FFL mom&pop gun store has an acreage out back and will gladly give you safety and marksmanship instruction. You just bring the ammo and a good attitude.

The most dangerous combination is ignorance and refusal to accept training. If you see someone in need of instruction, offer, but do not be condescending about it. Once upon a time, shooting was not my kung fu. But I had mentors who cultivated my interest and taught me well. Everyone should be so lucky.

A "Gun IQ" test is advocated most adamantly by the gun grabbers who would use such an instrument to bar ownership by you and I. It is a dangerous step down a slippery slope. For instance, they could ask you how to disassemble an M2 machinegun and set it up for left-hand feed. If you don't know how to do that, you don't get a license. Maybe they will ask "general knowlede" questions about how to calculate bullet drop according to atmospheric pressure and temperature. What? You don't know how? Well you're obviously too stupid to own a gun.

There are mental midgets out there who own guns, but it should be motivation for you to help them out instead of try to take their guns away.

Page generated in 0.02681 seconds with 8 queries