View Single Post
Old December 22, 2001, 02:58 PM   #1
jtduncan

357 sig reloading data and outing!

Well, I got to spend a couple hours at WSI in Bellevue WA with my new Glock 32.

And boy is that 357 SIG is fun round to shoot. Feels like shooting 9mm +P+ or 40SW.

A Cailfornia tanned hottie and a couple of male friends peeped over my shoulder as I let the Glock 32 rip off a couple of mags of my reloads. It drew their attention and they were blowing through 45 ACP factory ammo boxes every couple of minutes. It was great. And her boyfriends sprayed all over the targets even at 5 yards. She did too but there is just something about a good looking woman at the range! Well, anyway, my targets looked great!

All my shots stayed in the black and at 5 yards, I was shooting .50" to 1" groups slow fire and at 15 yards I had one 2" ragged hole.

Great 357 sig Recipe:
8.3 grains of Longshot, Speer 357 SIG once-fired cases, Federal primers, OAL of 1.135, and a 124 grain Rainier copper-plated flatpoint crimped to .379" per Pete, the supreme 357 sig reloader.

It is one nice load doing about 1350 fps just like our coveted Gold Dot carry ammo, PMC, UMC, Win white box or the like. More accurate than any of the above factory ammo.

Anyway, since the G32 is my carry, right now I'm training at 5 and 15 yards and as you can read the groups are pretty tight. The accuracy and feel of the rounds matches factory at half the cost.

And I want to keep my brass going for a couple of loadings, so the lower pressure can help especially since the brass will be worked more as a bottleneck round.

I'm happy with the load. Called Hodgdon for an advisory and Mike recommended the strating load due to its velocity.

Spent the extra $28 for the Dillon parts so I can load 357 sig on the Dillon 550. It's worth $30 more to pump out 400 rounds of 357 sig an hour. On my Lyman Spar-T turret press, I could only milk about 100 rounds an hour out of it.

I've tried LS in 40SW and 10mm and just didn't like it. But it's now my 357 sig powder. I'm locking down my powder measure down at 8.3 grains of LS.

Check it out!

Page generated in 0.02393 seconds with 8 queries