Thread: Sling carry
View Single Post
Old August 28, 2013, 03:36 AM   #24
Rikakiah

I'm sure they were unloaded. (That was humor.)

But, back on topic, I got a new receiver/stock plate attachment for my .22 416. Have an MS3 sling for it and it tightens a bit better than my aforementioned MS4 on my M4. I decided to play around with it a bit and turned it around (so the 1-point hardware was at the barrel end). In this setup, I can drop the rifle over my right shoulder so it crosses my back (from right shoulder to left thigh). It hangs REALLY low (muzzle is actually around the bottom of my shoulder blade), but since the cinch loop is in front, I can snug it up a decent amount (using 2 hands if needed, which isn't too cumbersome with the reversed arrangement). Then, to bring it ready, I grab the buttstock with my left hand and swing it around forward while my right hand pulls the cinch loop loose, then handles the pistol grip and finishes the process.

I feel like it can snag more in brush, since the muzzle sticks out my right side a bit and I don't have the control of grabbing the barrel in my preferred muzzle down carry, but it's probably better for longer treks, especially one I get my suppressor in, which would definitely put it in the ground in a muzzle down carry. Can't use this method with a group, though, as the muzzle sweeps a pretty decent arc.

It's not *quite* as smooth and clean of a transition, either, but it's sure as heck more efficient than any other muzzle up carry I've tried. I obviously can't put it in 1-point configuration anymore, but that would be a rare occasion anyway-the M4 will take the room clearing role in the event I get into any tactical classes/events anyway. I think I'll get a VTAC and adapt it to my MS4 hardware for the M4 and see what that does for my carry options on that rifle.

Last edited by Rikakiah; August 28, 2013 at 03:43 AM.

Page generated in 0.04616 seconds with 8 queries