View Single Post
Old February 11, 2012, 08:21 AM   #20
12GaugeShuggoth

Well I've been having a bit of a run for the last couple of years involving my cell phone. During the 2009 and 2010 seasons, my cell phone seemingly attracted 4 different deer to me ........all of which ended up in the freezer. Basically, an important call would come in, I'd grit my teeth and answer it with a "hello, what is it, I'm in the woods" .......and next thing you know, bippity-boppity-boo there's a deer staring at you. One of those calls sent 2 deer to me within about 30 seconds of each other.

Well that little trend got me 2 bucks and 2 does, so during this season I received a call late one uneventful morning and needed to answer it. I did, and didn't see anything of interest..........until I hung up and went to put the phone back in my pocket. That was when I saw that a NICE doe had been standing right in my blind spot (covered up with my arm while talking) no more than 30 yards away. Well it was cold, and as soon as I let out that long hard breath I had apparently been holding in........she was gone. Like it or not that dang phone has some funny woods-magic in it.

Other than that, I steer a wide path from the "scent elimination" products.....if I want to smell better for the deer I roll around in the field and rub myself against trees. I use my normal soap, shampoo, aftershave, deodorant, etc.etc. During the best deer season I ever had the only scent I used was saw-dust and shavings from a big red oak that had fallen in the yard. When we had to cut it up I saved a bunch and put it in the bags with my hunting clothes.

---Enlightenment is the ability to take infinite pains---
MOLON LABE

Page generated in 0.03005 seconds with 8 queries