View Single Post
Old June 17, 2011, 05:30 AM   #63
mavracer

Quote:
So, you'd rather be shot at 20ft by a load of #5 shot than a load of buckshot.
A: I'd rather not get shot with a squirt gun filled with cat urine. But that doesn't make it a reliable stopper.
B: given the hypothetical choice to have my opponent's gun filled with #5s or OObuck. He gets bird shot.

Quote:
Dead is dead
as mentioned in an earlier post maybe maybe not #5 is going to require certain shot placement. and mr BG just might not stand still and let you shoot him in the head.heck he might even try to hide behind cover.
"be very careful about assuming whatever gear you pick will work out perfectly
for the gunfight script you've written in your head" ...... smince
Quote:
then again you might believe that a .300 Win mag is required to kill a whitetail where as a .243 will do all I need it to.
Hunting is a might different than SD. .243 is fine when you can chose your shot.But when bambi's hiding in the trees and shooting back things are different. once again.
"be very careful about assuming whatever gear you pick will work out perfectly
for the gunfight script you've written in your head" ...... smince
Quote:
The point was that human life just like any living thing can be extinguished by the smallest of things. At 20ft which seems to be the agreed upon interior limit of most shots one would likely encounter inside a residential structure, both loads would have a high component of lethality. One just offers a much less chance of collateral damage.
Google "congressional medal of honor citation" you might find that some human life's a little harder to extinguish.
My handguns are are for one purpose only, though...
The starter gun on the "Fat man's mad dash tactical retreat."

Page generated in 0.03268 seconds with 8 queries