View Single Post
Old November 25, 2000, 05:57 PM   #9
Solitar

yes, in special situations

Patrick described what I've described here before.
This big guy (6ft, 210lb) will be likely shooting from the hip (unless I fold out the stock) and under 10 yards - and most likely 5 yards in tight quarters, corners, stuff piled all over - from beside or behind the bed or from within a 2ft wide bathroom doorframe.
The weapon usually lies hidden *in* the bed under a pillow or beside me or next to my reading chair.

If I get out in the hallway with a 10 yard or more shot
then I'm in deep trouble for defending why I did that. But if that were the situation, then a fold-out stock or full stock would be better - for aiming and control.

As to aiming - not likely at 5 yards - about the distance from beside my bed to the entrance hall.

As to ammo - 3" magnums are entirely controllable from most any position except an over the head shot where a solid forearm hold is not likely.

Out of curiousity and due to posts here about the blood and gore resulting from shooting 3" magnums, I tried a few with a two-handed pistol grip hold. Wowser, but no worse than a hot load in a .44 magnum with Hogue grips that direct the recoil backward rather than letting the Super Blackhawk swing upward as the stock grips do.

Now if you're 5ft and 120 lbs, I would NOT recommend the above - either with the 12 gauge magnums or 44 magnums.

Page generated in 0.02408 seconds with 8 queries