View Single Post
Old March 24, 2010, 05:43 PM   #20
dcody40

Velly Velly Funny but on a serious note for training reallity !

Ok Guys, Gals ?.. I don't know anybody who would want to or be able to catch a .45 slug coming out of any length barrel, if a real BG is coming at you or your loved ones, what ever you hit them with assuming you can hit them WILL do the job pretty much as advertised, you get good hits to any part of the BG body and your going to change their mood real quick about
charging anyone with bad intentions, Now I'm not talking about the high as a kite pumped up crack fanatic from the TV world. I'm talking your typical street perp. I see these discussions going on all the time about ammo selections, hollow points, frangibles, look, any bullet that hits the BG will change the history of that moment, there is NO magic formula of This bullet used 100% of the time will 100 % of the time, do a total stop of 100 % of the BG's in the world. Real world now ! use what you got and use it as trained, center of mass central nervous system hits (K5) zone ?...that's what I was taught as a Leo. Never tangled with a pumped up crack head, so never had to test that theory out thankfully. Main point is, Any gun in your good guy trained hands, with good intentions is better than nothing !...ok..
I know personally of good legal saves with a .22 revolver, the perp got hurt and ran away, good stop !. I think the gun/ammo stats say somewhere that the most documented bullet used in the highest number of situations is the lowly .38 special. this is not Ripley's believe it or not ! it's a fact.
And yes I know these are just discussions and individual opinions, that's cool, just do good training, and do what you think is best for your situation. And for real now, just hope you never have to shoot someone. Enough !.

Last edited by dcody40; March 24, 2010 at 05:53 PM. Reason: spelling !

Page generated in 0.03135 seconds with 8 queries