View Single Post
Old April 26, 2009, 02:18 PM   #1
govmule84

Taurus PT99 hammer breaks

So, I yanked out my PT-99 for carry yesterday, and when I was going to holster it, I noticed a crack in/chunk missing from the back of the hammer. I didn't carry it, and stripped the pistol, removing the hammer. I didn't order the parts from Numrich until I figured out how to reinstall the hammer, and I am awaiting them now.

Anyone ever have this happen? It's a stainless PT-99AF, the old style with no de-cocker. Is the de-cocker hammer the same as the non-d? Numrich had two listed, one as "Hammer, Blue", and one as simply "Hammer". Different part no's. The blue one they had, the other was out of stock. I ordered the blued one, as mine is blue anywho.

What a booger to disassemble and reassemble. I think I prefer a 1911... this is similar, but there are roll pins holding EVERYTHING together. Regular pins seem to drift in and out a lot easier, but those roll pins...yick.

I guess I'm just sort of sharing. I called Taurus, and left a message, but they have never in five years called me back. Their customer service is so bad I consider it non-existent. Their products are usually okay at a good price point, but when they have broken, I don't ever have any reason to try and work with them - they are utterly disinterested in helping me. Ever.

Can I weld this thing back together and cold-blue it?

Any thoughts?

Page generated in 0.03876 seconds with 8 queries