View Single Post
Old April 24, 2009, 02:43 AM   #66
cold dead hands

Location: Arkansuck...I dream of the day I leave here. Never to return.
Quote:
I strongly oppose widespread restrictions on gun sales, but OTOH I don't see how the 2A could be interpreted to force the government to allow gun sales on government land.
There is no Government Land. It is "we, the people" land. We the people have a right to private commerce (that is open to the public...yes, the twain shall meet) wherever we choose to have it, provided it doesn't interfere with the standards of common civility...i.e. no having it on Main Street at rush hour . Not to mention that the ability to bear arms (and they cannot be bourne unless purchased, seeing as how the average citizen has no firearm manufacturing skills, for most regular type folks) has nothing to do with being forced into a storefront property.

If a large group of folks want to come together for a gun bazaar and a large(r) group want to attend the bazaar how is it that this is repugnant to the 2A. There will be lots of "bearing of arms". Last time I checked, this was perfectly legal.

If you really want to get down and dirty about it...FFL's smack in the face of the 2A.

A person spends private money on guns. He sells them for a profit. Where does the ATF fit in to this? Private property being transferred has no business in .fed hands.

Fine...he has to pay taxes on his profits. Explain how any of the gun trade is more than an IRS issue...assuming you believe that the IRS is a good thing...

Page generated in 0.03646 seconds with 8 queries