View Single Post
Old March 16, 2009, 06:30 PM   #9
SigfanTN

I've never dropped a handgun, but my first or second year deer hunting I dropped a shotgun from a treestand.

I was 13 or 14 and the treestand was more like a tree house. It was large enough where you could walk a couple of steps in either direction and had 4 sides of wood planks to keep me from falling out if I fell asleep.

I was just climbing up into it when my stepdad's father happened up and called out to me. I stood up and turned around to see him, and that's when I dropped my stepdad's Belgian-made Browning A5 12GA.

Granddad and I watched it tumble end-over-end in slow motion. It landed on the butt, and from my point of view, it looked like it was angled up slightly towards dear ole granddad. I gasped loudly. It fell over to the side and laid there doing nothing for a few seconds before my granddad laid into me with a good ole tongue-lashing.

I am so glad that it didn't go off. I can't say I'll never drop a gun again, but if it ever happens again I'm sure I will have the same heart-stoppage I did that day and will hear granddad reading me the riot act for being so careless.

Page generated in 0.03514 seconds with 8 queries