View Single Post
Old January 26, 2009, 04:49 PM   #1
5jeffro7

full auto questions

first time posting on here & trying to get some information to keep me out of trouble. bare with me if this all seems a bit trivial, but I want to remain fully within the law & not cause any trouble.

I want to throw this out to all of you more knoledgeable members & pick your brains....

I have already ordered my lower from CMMG, I expect it to be here in 3-6 months

while doing my research, I came across this quote in an article about AR15's, "One really neat thing about the CMMG, is that the M16 bolt carrier is a free option. Just click it in the drop-down menu and it's yours". I like the idea of delaying the action just a tad, "thus giving a bit more accuracy"...to quote the article further.

As I'm trying to save for the upper, I thought I'd configure one & see how much I need to save: didn't see the option for an M16 bolt carrier, so I asked CMMG; The reply back was simply, "I double checked; the option is on the rifle and the upper to change to full auto carrier at no additional cost."

uhhhhhhhhhhhh I live in WA, which is a non-NFA country....I can't have a full auto!

or is it something else, other than just the bolt carrier that makes it full auto?

will ordering it with the full auto carrier still make it legal to own in WA...

is it the actual bolt that determines whether or not it's full auto? trigger group? "other" internal parts?

any insight would help to alleviate any of my concerns as well as edumacate me more

Jeff

Page generated in 0.03283 seconds with 8 queries