View Single Post
Old April 26, 2008, 09:28 AM   #14
golf97

I have been thinking about active shooter scenarios as well. Their frequency is only going to increase.

There is one thing I would add to your list of differences or requirements between the "usual" and an active shooter scenario: Ammo.

I always kind of thought it was dorky to carry a lot of extra ammunition. As a matter of fact, I still kind of think its dorky. Its uncomfortable, its hard to hide, and it makes me feel like a mall ninja; but as soon as I began thinking about my role in an active shooter scenario, I started carrying extra ammo (usually).

Sure, one can debate hunting down terrorists. Maybe I would put everyone in the classroom in a corner and get in front of them with the gun pointed at the door. Maybe I would hide in a closet with my gun. But what if I'm in the hallway when everyone locks their doors? The truth is, you might not have a choice in the matter. You might have to face the enemy.

Everyone will differ, but I feel obligated to stop the threat. Its been instilled in me through the military, through my mentors, and through my parents. This is said from a chair in front of a computer though, so who knows. Everyone will differ.

In conclusion, assuming you are facing the enemy, because of felt obligation, or chance, whats to say there will only be one enemy? And whats to say that the enemy won't be weary some protective clothing or be on meth? Whats to say your aim won't go to [color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color] when the SHTF?

I now try and carry extra ammo. I'm not a mall ninja, and yes it is uncomfortable, but 13 rounds may not be enough (G32,XD45).

Page generated in 0.02695 seconds with 8 queries